After years of idle chitchat with assorted friends and family, I have made good on my promise to create a website and blog.
This is the blog.
The website will be TrueNewyorkers.com It’s coming later, when I get time to finish it. Don’t bother running over there by clicking that link…nothing is there. Yet. (Some of you helped me choose a name — thank you. And some of you asked questions like “only 4 choices?” “What about if you use NewYork.com instead?” These annoyed me and I’ll blog about them later).
Although the casual observer may think that they have stumbled upon a series of rambling entries with amateurish images, held together merely by the fact I wrote them, the casual observer would be wrong. There is a target audience and a plan.
- Anyone living in New York City who wasn’t born in New York City.
- Anyone who was born in New York City.
- Anyone who ever left New York City.
- Anyone who wants to come to New York City.
OK, I think that’s everyone.
Blog entries are published once a week on Thursday night. Blog entries are written entirely by myself, with guest bloggers as I see fit. Public figures will be satirized. Private persons within my acquaintance may be plundered for material. Follow any useful advice at your own peril; I am not responsible for the outcome (though I reserve the right to take credit if the outcome is good).
Comments are moderated: if I don’t like them, they are badly written, incomprehensible or boring, they won’t see the light of day.
Now that the blog is up, here’s the rest of the story.
- Blog. This is the blog.
- Website. Filled with useful advice, clever ideas, links you will enjoy, generally interesting lore.
- Free email address of your choice.
- Create an account and then you can give useful advice, too. I might need to get a coder for this.
- Twitter, Facebook, blah blah. I might need one-a-them free interns for this.
- Some kind of gatekeeper to tell people who annoy me to piss off. Could also go to the intern unless they are too nice.
- Advertising so I can leech some money out of my fans . Maybe that should go first?
- Buncha mobile apps.
- SALE!!! NEW!!!! DON’T MISS THIS!!!!! Sell some cheesey New-York-themed merchandise. I may need a Chinese-language interpreter for this.